Pomona Car Accident Lawyer
First Law Group Has Experience Serving Car Accident Victims
Keep in mind that getting assistance from a competent and seasoned car accident attorney may be critical. This is especially true after a significant injury.
If you wait too long in pursuing your claims or fail to fully comprehend your damages, important evidence might vanish. You can lose valuable compensation that you need to pay for your healing.
We know that when you have severe injuries, you can not thoroughly and immediately assess the source of the accident and also collect information. It is even harder to handle the insurance carriers.
Allow our Pomona motor vehicle accident lawyers at First Law Group shoulder that burden for you.
What Should I Do After a Motor Vehicle Accident?
- Call the authorities and make a police report. Do not let the other motorist talk you into skipping this crucial step. It can lead to problems in the future.
- Exchange information with the other motorist. Take good photos of the other party's I.D. and insurance information. Some police departments will not make this information publicly available on the police report.
- Note witness information. Independent witness testimony can be crucial to your case.
- Take photos of the accident scene and the damages to your vehicle and the other vehicles.
- Get medical care. If you have injuries, go to the emergency room or get medical care as soon as possible. You could have sustained far more severe injuries than you realized. Further, an extensive gap between an accident and medical care can make it hard for your attorney to prove that your injuries are related to the accident.
- Contact our Pomona auto accident attorneys ASAP. The sooner you have an attorney, the faster they can start defending your legal rights. Also, call an attorney before you talk to any auto insurance company. They will typically try to take a statement from you, which can be used against you later.
What Damages Can I Have After an Automobile Accident?
- Medical costs, like hospital visits, doctor appointments, physical therapy, ambulance fees, and so on.
- Pain and suffering refers to the physical and psychological distress for which an individual can seek compensation in a case.
- Lost income from missing work after a major injury, one of the most financially harmful elements of an automobile accident.
What Are the Most Common Car Accident Injuries?
There are a variety of injuries that can result from auto accidents, such as:
- Broken bone injury accidents-- When a fracture is more serious, it can require surgery to fix.
- Back and neck injuries-- These are commonly soft tissue injuries that resolve with treatment. However, in some cases accident victims suffer herniated discs that might require injections or surgery.
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)-- Whether minor (like a concussion) or extreme, TBIs can require years of treatment. They may also result in brain death, vegetative states, comas, and even death.
- Lacerations-- Sometimes accident victims suffer large cuts that require stitches or staples and frequently leave disfiguring scars.
- Shoulder injuries, such as a torn rotator cuff or a torn labrum-- These injuries often require surgery.
- Burn injuries-- This can result from fire, but it can also come from airbags. Our firm has seen significant scarring from airbag injuries.
- Fatality-- Unfortunately, hundreds of individuals die each year in Pomona area auto accidents.
What Variables Impact My Settlement?
Identifying how much compensation you should anticipate from your settlement can be difficult since the amount depends greatly on the facts of your case. A seasoned Pomona car accident lawyer will calculate your economic as well as non-economic damages. They can also help you make the right choice on when to settle or take your case to court.
Your attorney's job is to negotiate with the insurance carriers on your behalf until they acquire a top offer from the insurance carrier. If that offer is reasonable, you settle. Otherwise, your lawyer can file a lawsuit.
Factors that impact settlement value include:
- The extent of your injuries.
- The available insurance coverage. If the motorist has little to no insurance, it's much more difficult to receive a high settlement from them. If the driver has no or minimum insurance, the case might need to depend on your own uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage for compensation.
- Whether obligation is clear or contested. As an example, the other celebration may not dispute obligation in a rear-end accident but may in a red-light accident.
- If your accident had more than one responsible party (third-party claims).
- If the at-fault party showed gross negligence when operating their motor vehicle.
- Your total medical expenses as well as other losses, such as lost wages from work.
- Your ability to return to work.
- The change in your quality of life before and after your accident.
- Your out-of-pocket costs.
Contact our law firm if you 'd like more info regarding the possible value of your case.
Our Accident Lawyers Are Here to Help You
If you sustained injuries in a car accident, or someone you love tragically passed away, let the motor vehicle accident attorneys at First Law Group help you assess and know your rights and potential remedies. Additionally, we can help you receive the compensation you need to recover completely.
The car accident lawyers at First Law Group have experience working with Pomona motorists and passengers who suffered injuries in automobile accidents. We will independently investigate your accident and do what is needed to help you recover. This allows you to concentrate on the essential and difficult tasks of healing and getting your life back in order.
At First Law Group, we really care about our community and we are driven by our passion for clients. Our personal injury lawyers in Pomona, California are always available to take your call. For a Free Consultation, call us at (855) 578-1529, or visit our website: FirstLG.com