Baldwin Park Scooter Accident Lawyer
A lot of Californians are trying to make eco-friendly shifts in their everyday lives. When you merge a green change with the chance to downsize and do away with car payments or public transportation expenses, it's easy to see why scooters are so popular in Baldwin Park.
Scooter riders need to know their rights on and off the road. If you're curious concerning your legal options after a scooter accident in Baldwin Park, you will want to understand a few key points. You can begin by calling the Baldwin Park scooter accident lawyers at First Law Group.
Causes of Baldwin Park Scooter Accidents
It's impossible to list every single possible cause for a scooter accident. If you were injured while using a scooter, contact our Baldwin Park scooter accident attorneys regardless of the reason (or apparent cause). With that said, the reason for a scooter accident can have an effect on an accident claim.
Lots of things can lead to scooter accidents, including:
- Doorings-- Doorings occur when a vehicle driver or passenger unknowingly opens their door into an approaching scooterist.
- Changing Lanes-- When a driver changes lanes, they may fail to observe someone riding a scooter, especially because they're using much smaller vehicles than car drivers are-- yet changing lanes or swerving has the potential to lead to an accident.
- Failure to yield-- Like pedestrians and bicyclists, scooter riders usually sustain injuries due to a motorist failing to yield the right of way. Drivers of passenger vehicles have a tendency to notice other cars and trucks, and sometimes fail to keep a watch for smaller vehicles when driving.
I Was in a Scooter Accident, and I Don’t Understand Who to Hold Liable
No one can tell you, with certainty, who was liable for your scooter accident before knowing all the facts. That's the reason our Baldwin Park scooter accident lawyers carefully examine our clients' cases.
However, we find that scooter accident responsibility tends to come down to one of three common parties. Remember that these are far from the only potential defendants in a scooter accident claim.
That said, we see these most frequently:
- Another motorist-- Lots of scooterists are struck by other drivers on the road. Whether they were driving a sedan, a semi-truck, or some sort of specialized vehicle, he or she could be held accountable for your accident. When careless drivers cause accidents, hurt scooterists can hold those motorists responsible.
- The scooter company-- A lot of the general public doesn't think of this when they consider accident liability, but the scooter company itself could have caused your accident. Scooter companies can neglect the maintenance of their scooters. Some may disregard costly malfunctions or wear concerns in favor of keeping scooters in service and making money for them.
- The city-- In some cases, we can even hold the city liable for a scooter accident. When this is the case, we can often trace the accident's source back to maintenance or defect issues (like a construction hazard or various other road problems).
Recouping Damages: What Can Injured Scooterists Anticipate?
When you bring a claim, you do so to collect damages. This compensation should make up the damages (and costs) caused by your crash.
Our team, for instance, helps scooterists recuperate damages for:
- Past, present, and future medical bills-- Including those for emergency transportation, specialized services, custom medical equipment, and more
- Physical damages-- To your property
- Pain and suffering-- These damages make up great emotional or physical pain due to an accident
- Loss of wages or earning potential-- Scooter accident victims might temporarily lose their ability to work and earn a living after their experiences; in some cases, a crash can even permanently alter somebody's earning potential for the remainder of their life. When this happens, scooter accident victims can pursue compensation for lost earning potential in court
Evidence That May Benefit Your Case
In some cases, Baldwin Park scooter accident victims can record some evidence at the scene of the crash. This is not always the case: A lot of accident survivors are too seriously injured to gather evidence.
If this describes you, do not worry. Our scooter accident attorneys are used to it and commonly must collect information and evidence later on.
It might help your case, however, if you can:
- Take photos or videos of the accident scene, your injuries, and any other damage
- Collect other motorists' and witnesses' contact information
- Get other motorists' license and insurance information
- Request a copy of the police report that was filed on-scene
Our Baldwin Park Scooter Accident Attorneys May Help
Did another driver injure you while riding an e-scooter in Baldwin Park? Call First Law Group today.
Our Baldwin Park scooter accident lawyers can:
- Listen to your story
- Clarify confusing aspects of your claim
- Collect and record evidence
- Defend your rights (in settlement negotiations, and, if necessary, in court).
We're accessible by phone at (855) 578-1529 or via our online contact form. We look forward to hearing from you and seeing if we can help.
At First Law Group, we really care about our community and we are driven by our passion for clients. Our personal injury lawyers in Baldwin Park, California are always available to take your call. For a Free Consultation, call us at (855) 578-1529, or visit our website: FirstLG.com