Glendora Wrongful Death Lawyer
Has A Loved One Suffered A Wrongful Death In Glendora?
Some of the injury cases our law firm takes on involve a death caused by a negligent party. If an individual has passed away in an accident, the family of the deceased is probably entitled to compensation for their tragic loss. You will need the assistance of a knowledgeable Glendora wrongful death lawyer. The lawyers at First Law Group defend accident and injury victims and their loved ones regularly. They might be able to help you obtain compensation for your loss.
A wrongful death is where the negligence or carelessness of an individual or company are responsible for a casualty. The law in California recognizes that when one person's actions cost another their life, the responsible individual should be legally liable to pay damages to the victim's family members. This means that when a loved one is killed in an accident, the surviving family members might be entitled to bring a civil claim against those responsible for the accident.
Common Types Of Cases That Result In Wrongful Death
A few of the most common kinds of situations that lead to wrongful death are automobile accidents, slips and falls, workplace accidents, and medical malpractice.
When An Automobile Accident Causes Wrongful Death
Losing a loved one to a car accident is devastating. And it can be emotionally challenging to consider what you should do next when you are so early in the grieving process. However, some people report that filing a lawsuit helped to provide peace of mind because they had one less thing to worry about. A wrongful death claim means that something is being done to get justice for a deceased family member.
A car accident that causes a wrongful death can leave a family with major stress about paying back medical bills, managing funeral costs, and losing earnings from a primary provider. First Law Group can help to ensure that you get the compensation that you deserve for medical bills, lost income, loss of consortium, and pain and suffering.
Wrongful death caused by a car accident can occur at the scene of the accident or later when the victim succumbs to their injuries. Although deadly car accidents are frequently caused by drunk motorists, distracted motorists, and speeding, virtually any kind of automobile accident can lead to a deadly collision. Some of the most common injuries from motor vehicle accidents that later result in wrongful death are traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, and internal injuries. If your loved one passes away from complications due to their injury, it still falls under the umbrella of wrongful death. Therefore, the at-fault party can still be sued for their negligence.
Wrongful Death Caused By Slip And Fall Accidents
Slip and fall accidents are rarely considered a deadly type of accident. However, this is just not true. Slips and falls can be deadly, particularly if the head strikes the ground or another hard surface.
Slips and falls can occur almost anywhere. But some of the most common places that slip and falls happen that qualify as wrongful deaths are grocery stores, commercial businesses, apartment complexes, parking lots, and workplaces. The way your wrongful death case will be pursued is different depending on where the accident happened. For instance, cases against large commercial companies differ in their parameters and insurance policies compared to slip and fall deaths that happen at a private residence.
Slips and falls can also be fatal when they happen to an elderly person. A slip and fall can put major pressure on an older individual that they may never recover from. When you are in the later stages of life and all of a sudden you need to be bedridden for an extended period of time, your odds of recovering completely are much slimmer. In fact, falls are the leading cause of injury-related death for adults aged 65 and older. And this number appears to be rising.
Workplace Wrongful Death
Workplace accidents that most frequently lead to deaths consist of:
- Falls from heights
- Fire and explosions
- Malfunctions or flaws with equipment
- Vehicle accidents
- Exposure to hazardous substances or environments
- Accidents caused by poor training
In these instances, identifying if there is any third-party liability for negligence depends on how the accident happened. If your loved one passed away because of negligent conduct of a worker from a different company, that employee or that other company can be held liable for damages. But, usually if a death or injury occurs at the workplace or while the worker is "on the clock", the case would fall under workers' compensation.
Wrongful Death Because Of Medical Malpractice
Wrongful death because of medical malpractice is among the more difficult case types in personal injury law. Given this, you need to make sure you have a qualified lawyer on your side when you're dealing with medical malpractice of any type.
Medical malpractice that can lead to a wrongful death includes:
- Early discharge from medical facility
- Incorrect medication or dosage
- Surgical mistake
- Improper diagnosis or missed diagnosis
- Birth injury
If someone you love died due to the negligence of a doctor, nurse, or healthcare center, call one of our medical malpractice lawyers at First Law Group immediately so we can begin to investigate and develop your case.
Compensation In A Wrongful Death Case
Family members may be entitled to recoup for many kinds of damages and losses from a wrongful death in Glendora, including:
- The pain, suffering and grief of the surviving family members. There is not a harder time in life than when you lose somebody you love. The feelings and pain you may experience can be excruciating. We know that no amount of money will make you feel whole again. Nevertheless, the family members have a right to a financial recovery for the pain of going through this unfortunate experience.
- Funeral costs. Almost immediately after a tragic loss, family members have to incur significant expense for a funeral. Part of this law firm's job will be to recover expenses because of the funeral.
- Medical bills and costs. In a lot of wrongful death cases, the medical expenses prior to passing away can be incredibly expensive. Often, billing may exceed several hundred thousand dollars. Our law firm will work to recuperate those costs from the negligent party.
- Loss of consortium. You have a right to recover for the loss of no longer getting to spend and enjoy time with your loved one.
- Loss of the future wages of the deceased. Commonly the family member that passed away was earning income. Family members were relying on that loved one to support the family. They have a right to recover that loss of future income. If necessary, our law firm could hire an economist to establish what amount your loved one would have made throughout the rest of his or her life.
- Punitive damages. During a wrongful death case, lawyers will determine whether it is appropriate to ask for leave of Court to file a punitive damages count in the claim. Punitive damages are meant to penalize the responsible party for intentional and/or outrageous conduct.
Free Wrongful Death Claim Consultation
No amount of money can appropriately compensate an accident victim's family after a death caused by negligence or recklessness. Nevertheless, these family members are entitled to financial relief that is available under local and state laws. After an accident, many families choose to talk to a wrongful death attorney in Glendora to find out whether they have a case.
The type of accident can impact what means of recovery are available to a family and how soon those claims must be pursued. For these reasons, it is a good idea to get legal counsel immediately after a death.
If you believe a negligent party might have caused a wrongful death of a family member in the Glendora area, Contact us for a free wrongful death case consultation or call (626) 888-8264 to talk with a wrongful death lawyer in Glendora.
At First Law Group, we really care about our community and we are driven by our passion for clients. Our personal injury lawyers in Glendora, California are always available to take your call. For a Free Consultation, call us at (626) 888-8264, or visit our website: FirstLG.com