Baldwin Park Car Accident Attorney
First Law Group Has Experience Helping Motor Vehicle Accident Victims
Bear in mind that obtaining help from a professional and knowledgeable motor vehicle accident attorney might be crucial. This is especially true after a serious injury.
If you delay too long in pursuing your claims or fail to fully understand your damages, crucial evidence might disappear. You can lose valuable compensation that you need to pay for your recovery.
We understand that when you have serious injuries, you can not thoroughly and instantly assess the source of the accident and gather information. It is even more difficult to deal with the insurance companies.
Let our Baldwin Park motor vehicle accident attorneys at First Law Group shoulder that burden for you.
What Should I Do After a Car Accident?
- Call the authorities and make a police report. Do not allow the other driver talk you into skipping this crucial step. It can result in issues later.
- Exchange information with the other motorist. Take good photos of the other side's I.D. and insurance info. Some police departments will not make this information publicly available on the police report.
- Note witness information. Independent witness testimony can be crucial to your claim.
- Take pictures of the accident scene as well as the damages to your vehicle as well as the other cars.
- Seek medical attention. If you have injuries, go to the emergency room or get medical care right away. You may have suffered much more significant injuries than you realized. Further, an extensive gap between an accident and also medical treatment can make it challenging for your lawyer to prove that your injuries are related to the accident.
- Call our Baldwin Park car accident lawyers right away. The sooner you have an attorney, the faster they can begin defending your legal rights. Additionally, call a lawyer before you speak with any car insurance company. They will typically try to take a statement from you, which can be used against you later on.
What Damages Can I Have After a Car Accident?
- Medical costs, like hospital visits, doctor appointments, physical therapy, ambulance costs, etc.
- Pain and suffering refers to the physical and mental distress for which an individual can pursue compensation in a claim.
- Lost income from missing work after a major injury, one of the most financially detrimental aspects of a motor vehicle accident.
What Are the Most Common Motor Vehicle Accident Injuries?
There are a variety of injuries that can result from auto accidents, such as:
- Broken bone injury accidents-- When a fracture is much more serious, it can need surgery to fix.
- Back and neck injuries-- These are commonly soft tissue injuries that resolve with treatment. However, in some cases accident victims sustain herniated discs that might need injections or surgery.
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)-- Whether mild (like a concussion) or extreme, TBIs can require years of medical care. They can also cause brain death, vegetative states, comas, and also death.
- Lacerations-- Sometimes accident victims suffer large cuts that require stitches or staples and often leave disfiguring scars.
- Shoulder injuries, such as a torn rotator cuff or a torn labrum-- These injuries frequently require surgery.
- Burn injuries-- This can result from fire, but it can also come from airbags. Our firm has seen significant scarring from airbag injuries.
- Fatality-- Tragically, hundreds of individuals die each year in Baldwin Park area auto accidents.
What Factors Affect My Settlement?
Calculating how much compensation you should anticipate from your settlement can be difficult because the amount depends greatly on the facts of your case. A knowledgeable Baldwin Park automobile accident attorney will calculate your economic and non-economic damages. They can also help you make the best decision on when to settle or take your case to court.
Your lawyer's job is to negotiate with the insurance carriers on your behalf until they acquire a top offer from the insurance provider. If that offer is reasonable, you settle. Otherwise, your lawyer can file a lawsuit.
Factors that impact settlement value include:
- The severity of your injuries.
- The available insurance coverage. If the motorist has little to no insurance, it's much more difficult to receive a high settlement from them. If the motorist has no or minimum insurance, the claim may need to depend on your own uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage for compensation.
- Whether obligation is clear or objected to. As an example, the other celebration may not challenge liability in a rear-end accident yet might in a red-light accident.
- If your accident had more than one liable party (third-party claims).
- If the at-fault party acted with gross negligence when operating their motor vehicle.
- Your total medical costs as well as other losses, such as missed wages from work.
- Your ability to return to work.
- The change in your quality of life before and after your accident.
- Your out-of-pocket costs.
- Contact our law firm if you 'd like more information regarding the potential value of your case.
Our Accident Attorneys Are Here to Assist You
If you suffered injuries in an automobile accident, or someone you love tragically died, allow the automobile accident lawyers at First Law Group help you evaluate and know your legal rights and possible solutions. Further, we can help you obtain the compensation you need to recover fully.
The automobile accident lawyers at First Law Group have experience working with Baldwin Park motorists and passengers who suffered injuries in car accidents. We will independently investigate your accident and do what is necessary to help you recover. This allows you to focus on the important and difficult tasks of healing and getting your life back in order.
At First Law Group, we really care about our community and we are driven by our passion for clients. Our personal injury lawyers in Baldwin Park, California are always available to take your call. For a Free Consultation, call us at (855) 578-1529, or visit our website: FirstLG.com