Glendora Scooter Accident Lawyer
Lots of Californians are looking to make eco-friendly shifts in their daily lives. When you merge an eco-friendly change with the chance to reduce and do away with car payments or public transportation expenses, it's easy to see why scooters are so popular in Glendora.
Scooter riders need to understand their rights on and off the road. If you wonder concerning your legal options following a scooter accident in Glendora, you will want to understand a few key points. You can start by calling the Glendora scooter accident attorneys at First Law Group.
Causes Of Glendora Scooter Accidents
It's impossible to list every single potential cause for a scooter accident. If you were hurt while operating a scooter, contact our Glendora scooter accident lawyers regardless of the cause (or apparent reason). With that said, the cause of a scooter accident can have an effect on an accident claim.
Plenty of things can lead to scooter accidents, including:
- Doorings-- Doorings happen when a vehicle driver or passenger unknowingly opens their door into an oncoming scooterist.
- Changing Lanes-- When a driver changes lanes, they may fail to observe someone riding a scooter, especially because they're operating considerably smaller vehicles than car drivers are-- however changing lanes or swerving has the potential to lead to a crash.
- Failing to yield-- Like pedestrians and bicyclists, scooter riders usually sustain injuries because of a motorist failing to yield the right of way. Drivers of passenger vehicles tend to detect other cars and trucks, and occasionally fail to keep a lookout for smaller vehicles when driving.
I Was In A Scooter Accident, And I Don’t Know Who To Hold Liable
Nobody can tell you, with certainty, who was liable for your scooter accident prior to knowing all the facts. That's the reason our Glendora scooter accident lawyers carefully investigate our clients' claims.
However, we find that scooter accident liability has a tendency to come down to one of three common parties. Remember that these are far from the only potential defendants in a scooter accident claim.
That said, we see these most commonly:
- Another driver-- A lot of scooterists are struck by other drivers on the road. Whether they were driving a sedan, a semi-truck, or some sort of specialized vehicle, he or she could be held accountable for your accident. When irresponsible motorists cause accidents, hurt scooterists can hold those motorists accountable.
- The scooter company-- A lot of the general public doesn't consider this when they think about accident responsibility, however the scooter company itself could have caused your accident. Scooter companies can neglect the maintenance of their scooters. Some may disregard costly malfunctions or wear problems in favor of keeping scooters in service and making money for them.
- The city-- Sometimes, we can even hold the city responsible for a scooter accident. When this is the case, we can often trace the accident's cause back to maintenance or defect problems (like a construction hazard or other road defects).
Recouping Damages: What Can Injured Scooterists Anticipate?
When you bring a claim, you do so to collect damages. This compensation should make up for the harms (and expenses) due to your accident.
Our team, for instance, helps scooterists recover damages for:
- Past, present, and future medical expenses-- Including those for emergency transport, specialized services, custom medical equipment, and more
- Physical damages-- To your property
- Pain and suffering-- These damages makeup exceptional emotional or physical pain due to an accident
- Loss of wages or earning potential-- Scooter accident victims might temporarily lose their ability to work and earn a wage after their experiences; in some cases, a crash can even permanently alter someone's earning potential for the rest of their life. When this happens, scooter accident victims can pursue compensation for lost earning potential in court
Evidence That May Benefit Your Case
Sometimes, Glendora scooter accident victims can document some evidence at the scene of the accident. This is not always the case: Lots of crash survivors are too seriously injured to collect information.
If this describes you, don't worry. Our scooter accident lawyers are used to it and often need to collect details and evidence later on.
It could help your claim, however, if you can:
- Take pictures or videos of the accident scene, your injuries, and any other damages
- Get other motorists' and witnesses' contact information
- Acquire other motorists' license and insurance details
- Ask for a copy of the police report that was filed on-scene
Our Glendora Scooter Accident Lawyer Can Help
Did another driver injure you while riding an e-scooter in Glendora? Call First Law Group today.
Our Glendora scooter accident lawyers can:
- Listen to your story
- Clarify confusing elements of your claim
- Gather and document evidence
- Defend your rights (in settlement negotiations, and, if necessary, in court)
We're accessible by phone at (626) 888-8264 or via our online contact form. We look forward to hearing from you and seeing if we can help.
At First Law Group, we really care about our community and we are driven by our passion for clients. Our personal injury lawyers in Glendora, California are always available to take your call. For a Free Consultation, call us at (626) 888-8264, or visit our website: FirstLG.com