Ontario Scooter Accident Lawyer
Lots of Californians are wanting to make environmentally friendly shifts in their daily lives. When you combine an eco-friendly change with the ability to cut back and do away with car payments or public transportation expenses, it's easy to see why scooters are so popular in Ontario.
Scooter riders need to understand their rights on and off the road. If you wonder about your legal options after a scooter accident in Ontario, you will want to know a few key points. You can begin by calling the Ontario scooter accident attorneys at First Law Group.
Causes of Ontario Scooter Accidents
It's impossible to list every single potential cause for a scooter accident. If you were injured while using a scooter, contact our Ontario scooter accident attorneys no matter the reason (or apparent reason). With that said, the reason for a scooter accident can have an effect on an accident case.
Plenty of things can result in scooter accidents, including:
- Doorings-- Doorings take place when a vehicle operator or passenger unknowingly opens their door into an approaching scooterist.
- Changing Lanes-- When a motorist changes lanes, they may fail to observe someone riding a scooter, especially since they're operating considerably smaller vehicles than car drivers are-- yet changing lanes or swerving has the potential to lead to a collision.
- Failure to yield-- Like pedestrians and bicyclists, scooter riders usually sustain injuries due to a driver failing to yield the right of way. Drivers of passenger vehicles have a tendency to observe other cars and trucks, and occasionally fail to keep a lookout for smaller vehicles on the road.
I Was In A Scooter Accident, And I Don't Know Who To Hold Liable
Nobody can tell you, with certainty, who was liable for your scooter accident before knowing all the facts. That's the reason our Ontario scooter accident attorneys thoroughly examine our clients' claims.
Nevertheless, we find that scooter accident liability has a tendency to come down to one of three common parties. Keep in mind that these are far from the only potential defendants in a scooter accident claim.
That said, we see these most frequently:
- Another motorist-- Many scooterists are struck by other motorists on the road. Whether they were driving a car, a semi-truck, or some kind of specialized vehicle, they could be held accountable for your accident. When careless motorists cause accidents, injured scooterists can hold those drivers responsible.
- The scooter company-- A great deal of the general public does not consider this when they think of accident responsibility, but the scooter company itself could have caused your accident. Scooter companies can neglect the maintenance of their scooters. Some may overlook costly malfunctions or wear concerns in favor of keeping scooters in service and generating income for them.
- The city-- Occasionally, we can even hold the city responsible for a scooter accident. When this is the case, we can usually trace the accident's source back to maintenance or defect issues (like a construction hazard or other road problems).
Recovering Damages: What Can Injured Scooterists Anticipate?
When you bring a case, you do so to collect damages. This compensation should make up the damages (and costs) caused by your crash.
Our team, for instance, helps scooterists recuperate damages for:
- Past, present, and future medical expenses-- Including those for emergency transportation, specialized services, custom medical equipment, and more
- Physical damages-- To your property
- Pain and suffering-- These damages make up great emotional or physical pain due to an accident
- Loss of wages or earning potential-- Scooter accident victims might temporarily lose their ability to work and earn a wage after their experiences; in some cases, a crash can even permanently affect someone's earning potential for the remainder of their life. When this happens, scooter accident victims can pursue compensation for lost earning potential in court
Evidence That May Help Your Case
Sometimes, Ontario scooter accident victims can document some evidence at the scene of the accident. This is not always the case: Lots of accident survivors are too seriously hurt to gather information.
If this describes you, don't worry. Our scooter accident lawyers are used to it and often must collect information and evidence later.
It could help your case, however, if you can:
- Take photos or videos of the accident scene, your injuries, and any other damage
- Collect other drivers' and witnesses' contact information
- Acquire other drivers' license and insurance information
- Ask for a copy of the police report that was filed on-scene
Our Ontario Scooter Accident Attorneys May Help
Did another motorist hurt you while riding an e-scooter in Ontario? Call First Law Group today. Our Ontario scooter accident lawyers can:
- Listen to your story
- Clarify confusing aspects of your claim
- Gather and document evidence
- Fight for your rights (in settlement negotiations, and also, if necessary, in court).
We're available by phone at (626) 888-8264 or through our online contact form. We look forward to hearing from you and seeing if we can help.
At First Law Group, we really care about our community and we are driven by our passion for clients. Our personal injury lawyers in Ontario, California are always available to take your call. For a Free Consultation, call us at (626) 888-8264, or visit our website: FirstLG.com